Are you worried about your valuable electronics and want to protect them from the damaging heat? Appliances, electronic equipment and portable devices like laptop and smart phone often have the tendency to get heated when used for a long time. Here are some simple ways to protect your electronics this summer season:
- Don’t leave your electronic products inside your car during summers. However, if you need to keep your device in the car, try to keep it underneath a seat where it is much cooler and is away from the direct sunlight.
- Since the electronics can’t handle extreme temperature change, it’s good to take extra caution when transitioning the device between extreme temperatures.
- While you are using your devices for a long time, take care when using them. Use a cooling pad or find a shady area is good to protect your device.
- Never leave your device screen directly under the sun. Yes, there are some devices like Kindle e-readers which are glare-free and can be freely used in the sun. But when you are not using them as well, don’t let the screen sit out. Keeping too long in the sun can bleach the device’s screen.
- We all know electronics and moisture don’t gel! Therefore, considering a “Ziplock” bag is a good idea while taking your device near a pool or a beach area.
- You can use insulated cases for laptops, tablets and smartphones to protect them from the heat.
However, always remember two basic advices:
- Never mix gadgets and water.
- Never let your device sit in the direct sunlight.